Talea ring plus touchpad problems

Diskutiere Talea ring plus touchpad problems im English Section Forum im Bereich *** Allgemein***; Hi My Talea Ring Plus has an unresponsive coffee or enter(center) button. All the other touch areas work great except for this button. Software...
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
  • Talea ring plus touchpad problems Beitrag #1
M
mitim
Teetrinker
Vollautomat
Royal Professional, Primea Ring
Hi
My Talea Ring Plus has an unresponsive coffee or enter(center) button. All the other touch areas work great except for this button. Software version is 02.00.08 man. date is 07/02007. This touch response slowly got less and less responsive over a period of several days(less than a week) till it totally quit working. I took the machine apart and am able to activate the button from behind the cb. this button (as all the other buttons) will activate when my finger is still about 1/8" (6mm-7mm) from touching on the back side of the board. On the front, only the outer 4 buttons and the ring will work, no response from the central button area. What could be wrong? Is there a test or repair that can be done? I pried out the board from the front overlay pad and applied new double-sided tape, but did not change the response. Please let me know if anyone has done repairs for this problem succesfully.
Thank you.
mitim

• Talea ring plus touchpad problems Beitrag #2
M
mitim
Teetrinker
Vollautomat
Royal Professional, Primea Ring
Solved!!

Ha! I studied the faceplate where the little printed circuitboard sets in and found the problem! The faceplate has a molded flat area where the cb sits in snugly. I held a straightege to that face and saw it was bowed, straightedge touches on the ends, but had a 3.5mm gap in the center. I used a heat gun to heat it, and bent it so the straightedge showed it's flat. Re-assembled, and now works flawlessly (touchpad).
This will probably help someone in the future with the same problem.
Thanks

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Thema:

Talea ring plus touchpad problems

Oben