From dual boiler to single boiler machine Opinions wanted (super-auto)

Diskutiere From dual boiler to single boiler machine Opinions wanted (super-auto) im English Section Forum im Bereich *** Allgemein***; I always had machine with dual boiler, do you think downgrade to single boiler is bad idea? I know that manufacturers are making most machines...
  • From dual boiler to single boiler machine Opinions wanted (super-auto) Beitrag #1
lifeisfun
lifeisfun
Kaffeetrinker
I always had machine with dual boiler, do you think downgrade to single boiler is bad idea?
I know that manufacturers are making most machines cheaper and cheaper, so reasonably priced dual boiler super automatics are thing of the past.

The other day I had opportunity to hold Jura S8 and this thing is feather light compare to the older machines like S9 or Z5.
Same Philips 5400 compared to the Exprelia or Xelsis.
Makes you wonder what the longevity will be on these.

Opinions please?

Thanks!

• From dual boiler to single boiler machine Opinions wanted (super-auto) Beitrag #2
uhrmacher
uhrmacher
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
Saeco Primea Duo Incanto deluxe Talea Ring plus uvm.
Es ist eine nicht unerhebliche Einschränkung auf einen Boiler zu verzichten. Es macht sowohl zeitlich als auch Abwasserseitig einen schlechteren Eindruck, denn ständig muss der Boiler entweder runtergekühlt (zusätzliches Abwasser) oder aufgeheizt (zusätzliche Zeit) werden.

• From dual boiler to single boiler machine Opinions wanted (super-auto) Beitrag #3
lifeisfun
lifeisfun
Kaffeetrinker
It is a not inconsiderable limitation to do without a boiler. It makes a worse impression both in terms of time and waste water, because the boiler constantly has to be either cooled down (additional waste water) or heated up (additional time).
Sadly I have to agree.
The new trend to make everything cheap as possible to maximize profit drives me crazy :(

• From dual boiler to single boiler machine Opinions wanted (super-auto) Beitrag #4
uhrmacher
uhrmacher
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
Nicht nur Dich......

• From dual boiler to single boiler machine Opinions wanted (super-auto) Beitrag #5
Black Sheep
Black Sheep
Espressotrinker
Vollautomat
Jura GIGA 5 Pianoblack/Chrom Zuhause, Jura GIGA X3 Büro und ca. 60 weitere
Yes,

but in case of Jura, the new machines with one boiler have mostly the very
small TB2011, so that the time for heating up or cooling down is much less
than "in former days" and now the "construction-gold-standard" is saving
energy.
Two heaters consume double energy than one, even by holding only the
temperature - so it ist not only saving money, its also saving energy.

My both machines GIGA 5 and GIGA X3 have two heaters - and I save no
energy ;)

BS

• From dual boiler to single boiler machine Opinions wanted (super-auto) Beitrag #6
lifeisfun
lifeisfun
Kaffeetrinker
Yeah, but longevity is more important.
Everything is built around saving energy, but they don't count the energy
that is wasted on creating new products, because they don't last long.

Same with cars, spend $20K more on "advanced tech" that will save you 1L per 100Km

• From dual boiler to single boiler machine Opinions wanted (super-auto) Beitrag #7
Black Sheep
Black Sheep
Espressotrinker
Vollautomat
Here in the EU there are a huge amount of regulations:

It hits not perfect - but there are shurely many other
regulations for the companies.

• From dual boiler to single boiler machine Opinions wanted (super-auto) Beitrag #8
uhrmacher
uhrmacher
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
Bei den Exprelia und Xelsis HD Maschinen wird der Dampfboiler überhaupt nur geheizt, wenn er gebraucht wird (im Energiesparmodus eingeschaltet), bleibt also kalt wenn nicht benötigt, dies ist dann ebenso energiesparend.

• From dual boiler to single boiler machine Opinions wanted (super-auto) Beitrag #9
lifeisfun
lifeisfun
Kaffeetrinker
  • From dual boiler to single boiler machine Opinions wanted (super-auto) Beitrag #10
lifeisfun
lifeisfun
Kaffeetrinker
On the Exprelia and Xelsis HD machines the steam boiler is only heated when it is needed (switched on in energy saving mode) so stays cold when not needed, which is also energy efficient.
I believe that Jura has 2 level power saving that works the same way.
I think Black Sheeps knows everything about it :)

• From dual boiler to single boiler machine Opinions wanted (super-auto) Beitrag #11
Black Sheep
Black Sheep
Espressotrinker
Vollautomat
Be shure, that a little Jura TB2011 consumes much less energy to
get from 95°C to 135°C than a single steam-boiler that has to be
warmed up from about 35°C to 135°C.
And after the preparation it only has to cool down again to about
95°C and the energy from 135°C to again about 35°C by the second
boiler is not wasted for heating up the machine interior.
Quite apart from the resource consumption for producing a second
boiler and the necessity of recycling one more boiler after lifetime of
the machine.
See also, a part less is a part less which can break.

I´m not a environmental fanatic, but i can comprehend, that also
such perspectives has to be considered.
And the few seconds of waiting are not the end of the world.

• From dual boiler to single boiler machine Opinions wanted (super-auto) Beitrag #12
uhrmacher
uhrmacher
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
Aber das dauernde ausschütten des Restwasserbehälters ist ewig nervend und länger halten tun die Maschinen mit 2 Boilern. Die ständigen Unterschiede in der Temperatur im Wasserkreislauf lassen die Ventile im Zeitraffer altern. Sieht man ja hervorragend an den neuen Xelsismodellen. Im Vergleich zu den alten Xelsis mit 2 Boilern halten die maximal 1/4 der Zeit bis die erste teure Reparatur (Ventilblocktausch) ansteht. Das Aufheizen eines zusätzlichen Boilers benötigt etwa 5 Wh, da dürfte die Ersparnis pro Jahr unter 1 Kwh liegen. Ich weiß nicht ob das am falschen Ende gespart ist.

• From dual boiler to single boiler machine Opinions wanted (super-auto) Beitrag #13
Black Sheep
Black Sheep
Espressotrinker
Vollautomat
Das mag vielleicht für die Saeco-Maschinen gelten. Bei den Jura-Maschinen sieht das nicht so aus.

Siehe Jura Z6 und Z8:
Unterschied der stündlichen Stromaufnahme zwischen den Geräten sind 9W (16W zu 25W)
Z.B. im Büro bei 8 Stunden/Tag und 220 Arbeitstagen sind das 15,8 kw/h alleine durch das
Halten der Boiler auf der Solltemperatur - macht bei 10 Jahren Betriebsdauer schon mal so
um die 160 kw/h - ist jetzt nicht das ganz große Drama - aber eben auch nicht "so gut wie nix".

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • From dual boiler to single boiler machine Opinions wanted (super-auto) Beitrag #14
uhrmacher
uhrmacher
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
Naja, ich ging jetzt von üblichen Einsatzzeiten aus. Im Büro sieht das schon anders aus. Ich denke das größte Einsparpotential haben die Netzteile und ihr Stby Verbrauch. Geräte mit klassischem Trafo sind da richtige Energieverbrenner, Da reden wir von 30 fachem Verbrauch im Stby. Bei 22h Stby am Tag macht das was aus.

• From dual boiler to single boiler machine Opinions wanted (super-auto) Beitrag #15
Grisu
Grisu
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
Incanto SUP021Y u. YBDR, Krups Orchestro
Naja, da muß man aber schon auch bedenken, daß Heimgeräte sich nach 15 Min. oder so wieder abdrehen, wenn man das nicht sogar selbst tut nach einem Bezug.

Aber eure Gedankenknoten sind mir vor vielen Jahren schon gekommen als ich die YBRD mit 2 Boilern mit der Sup021Y verglich.
Ob nun bei den neuen Modellen die Ventile Murks sind und nur deshalb bei einem Boiler schneller aufgeben stell ich mal so in den Raum ...

• From dual boiler to single boiler machine Opinions wanted (super-auto) Beitrag #16
uhrmacher
uhrmacher
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
Der 2. Boiler bei der YBDR wurde ja auch nur bei Dampf aktiviert und hatte selber kaum Wärmespeicherkapazität, da dürfte der Verbrauch sogar zu Gunsten der YBDR ausfallen. Wenn Wasser und Dampfkreis ineinander verstrickt sind, ist die Anfälligkeit prinzipiell größer, das zeigen mir die zahlreichen Maschinen mit nur einem Boiler. Von denen hält keine einzige im Ansatz so lange durch wie die 2 Kreiser der der HD 88XX Serien.

Thema:

From dual boiler to single boiler machine Opinions wanted (super-auto)

Oben